Maybe all of the holiday shopping has your wallet on the lighter side or perhaps you’re up for some beauty experimenting. Either way, there are some multitasking edibles in your pantry or fridge that can be mixed together to create a super moisturizing face mask. Food for your face is no news flash, but finding an effective and easy-to-mix recipe can be tough. Given the time of year, we’ve rounded up DIY face masks that boost radiance and hydrate the skin — goodbye dull winter skin! Whether it’s sweet like honey or on the savory (avocado!) side, check out these dry-skin-healing masks that you can make in the comfort of your home, on the cheap.
DIY Moisturizing Orange Face Mask
This five-part concoction exfoliates the skin and is basically a parfait — orange, yogurt, honey, oats and juice — that’s good enough to eat.
1. Combine three tablespoons of orange juice with half a cup of honey
2. Apply to the face and leave on for 30 minutes
3. Rinse with lukewarm water followed by cool water, then moisturize
Organic Banana Face Mask
Your skin will have a healthy glow after applying this tropical mask to your face. This recipe is designed for all skin types.
1. Mash one half of a banana
2. Mix in a tablespoon of orange juice and a tablespoon of honey
3. Apply to the face and keep the mixture on for 15 minutes
4. Rinse with lukewarm water and then moisturize